Shanghai daily experiences that Apple is dealing with a lawsuit in China over Siri, with a company there claiming that Siri infringes upon its patent rights.
The Shanghai No.1 Intermediate individuals’s court docket will cling a pre-hearing at 2pm lately to let Apple and Shanghai Zhi Zhen web know-how Co Ltd change proof. […]
“Siri is very similar to Xiaoi, a chat robot system now we have been creating considering 2003,” said Mei Li, a spokeswoman of Shanghai Zhi Zhen which filed the lawsuit.
Mei said her company utilized for patent rights for Xiaoi in 2004 in China and the patent proper went into impact in 2006.
whereas the Xiaoi bot started out life as a chat bot for MSN and similar networks, it has on account that migrated to a variety of structures together with Android and iOS, and has developed to appear rather just like Siri, even if the iOS version of the app [App store] makes use of a different model for the microphone icon and button.
Android model of Xiaoi (left) vs. iOS model (center and proper)
AFP stories that Zhi Zhen, which has over one hundred million users of Xiaoi, is in the hunt for a halt to gross sales of infringing merchandise, as well as reserving the best to are trying to find compensation one day.
“the corporate will ask Apple to forestall manufacturing and promoting products using its patent rights, once Apple’s infringement is proven,” Si Weijiang, a attorney representing Zhizhen, informed AFP.
“we don’t exclude the potential for stressful compensation someday,” he delivered.
contemporary Mac and iOS weblog tales
• Flipboard updated with 'Magazines', Notifications, Etsy Integration and more
• Twitterrific up to date with Native Push Notifications and performance Enhancements
• Google Releases $149 Nik instrument Plug-in Bundle for Photoshop, Lightroom, and Aperture
• 'Quicksilver' Launch Utility Comes Out of Beta 10 Years Later
• chinese State-Run Press Slams Apple Over guarantee Criticisms
• Google+ for iOS up to date with Profile remodel and photograph Filters
• seriously Acclaimed strategy sport 'XCOM: Enemy Unknown' Coming to iOS
• Blizzard announces 'Hearthstone: Heroes of Warcraft' for Mac and iPad
more: persevered right here