Ukrainian website Rozetka has compared the new 12-inch Retina MacBook with the 11-inch mid-2013 MacBook Air in a new video, providing a closer look at the physical design of the new MacBook and offering a side-by-side view of the different features between the notebooks. The video also highlights how the new MacBook, which measures 0.51″ at its thickest point, is nearly as thin as the original iPad (0.50″).
The video, spoken in Ukrainian language, provides an in-depth look at the new MacBook’s exterior design, display, keyboard, trackpad, unlit Apple logo and more, interspersed with stock video footage and screenshots of the notebook from Apple. The fifteen-minute clip complements Vietnamese website Tinhte‘s unboxing photos and video of the new MacBook that surfaced last week.
Apple’s 12-inch Retina MacBook will be available to purchase in silver, space gray and gold on April 10, the same day that Apple Watch pre-orders begin in the United States, Australia, Canada, China, France, Germany, Hong Kong, Japan and United Kingdom. The notebook starts at $1,299 for the base 256GB configuration, while a 512GB model with a slightly faster processor is available for $1,599.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• What to Expect at Your Apple Watch Try-On Appointment
• Buyer's Guide: Discounts on Retina iMac, MacBook Air, Older MacBook Pro, and Apple Accessories
• How to Pre-Order the Apple Watch
• MacRumors Giveaway: Win an Aluminum Monitor Stand With 4 USB Ports From Satechi
• 'Amazing Photo and Video' Promo Offers 50% Off Popular Apps for Mac and iOS
• MacRumors Giveaway: Upcoming Mac Photo Editing App 'Noiseless'
• Microsoft Launches Standalone 'Office Lens' Scanning App for iPhone
• SwiftKey for iOS Updated With Tap Map Feature, Usage Statistics