Qualcomm predicts it will supply only 20% of modems for 2023 iPhone

Qualcomm will only provide a fifth of the modem chips for the 2023 iPhone range, the company has predicted, with Apple thought to be using other means to acquire 80% of the modems it needs.Qualcomm and Apple have had a rocky relationship, but with Apple actively investing in creating its own modems, it seems Qualcomm knows its days are numbered as a major modem supplier for the iPhone. In an investor event, the chip maker revealed that it thought Apple will only supply 20% of the modems it needs for the smartphone in 2023 from Qualcomm.The chip maker didn’t specify where the remaining 80% of modems would come from, be it from Apple’s own production or from other suppliers, reports Reuters. Read more…
Go to Source
Author: