There were a number of bits of App retailer-associated information over the last day, so here’s a roundup of one of the more outstanding objects:
– iPad Swiping: As mentioned by MacStories, Apple has improved navigation of the iPad App retailer, now allowing users to swipe between pages of featured apps and other listings. users had in the past wanted to tap navigation arrows to move between pages, but shifting to swipe-primarily based navigation makes for a more pure interface and sooner web page adjustments.
– Yuan Now established in China: Penn Olson stories that Apple is now accepting renminbi, the native chinese language currency, for App retailer purchases in China. With the brand new pricing in yuan, chinese consumers will not be required to make purchases funded by means of credit cards in U.S. greenbacks. Apple has additionally begun accepting fee via native bank playing cards, with consumers ready to top-up their iTunes store money owed with pay as you go quantities from their bank debts to fund their App store purchases.
– Kindle hearth brought to ‘Amazon Appstore’ Lawsuit: despite the fact that Apple has now not but won a trademark registration on the term “App retailer”, it sued Amazon again in March over the corporate’s use of the time period in its Amazon Appstore for Android. A judge declined to problem a preliminary injunction in opposition to Amazon in July, and the whole trial will not be set to happen except October 2012.
With Amazon having simply launched its new Kindle fire tablet, Apple has expanded its lawsuit to handle the fact that Amazon is selling its “Appstore” together with the instrument. As mentioned with the aid of paidContent, Apple has also integrated new claims of false advertising in the lawsuit.
Apple’s revised criticism is meant to show that Amazon has persevered to make use of the “Appstore” time period even within the face of Apple’s prior claims of trademark infringement, hoping to determine a pattern of willful misrepresentation on Amazon’s section leading to customer confusion over the app marketplaces. The courts and trademark examiners have yet to seem favorably upon Apple’s claims regarding “App retailer” being an allowable trademark for the corporate, but it is clear that Apple remains to be looking to press its positions.
contemporary Mac and iOS weblog stories
• Apple Releases Thunderbolt software update for Snow Leopard
• sign Snowboards Honor Steve Jobs With the iShred
• Djay four for Mac Packs professional features and Analyzes Tunes for Musical Key
• Apple Releases four.four.three tool replace for Apple television [Updated]
• Skype provides facebook Video Calling toughen
more: persisted here