Apple this week launched three firmware updates that include fixes to compatibility with the imminent Apple Thunderbolt display, however the MacBook pro firmware update released nowadays brings any other fascinating addition to the corporate’s present fashions: Lion restoration over the internet.
This update permits Lion recovery from an web connection and comprises fixes that resolve issues with Apple Thunderbolt show compatibility and Thunderbolt goal Disk Mode efficiency on MacBook professional (early 2011) fashions.
internet recovery debuted as part of OS X Lion to permit users to put in the running machine on blank onerous drives. The device works using a minimal bootable set up on the desktop’s firmware that then passes off the entire Lion set up to the standard restoration mechanism, which downloads the operating gadget over the internet.
web recovery was at the beginning to be had best on the brand new MacBook Air and Mac mini fashions that launched alongside OS X Lion, but Apple has now extended the capabilities to the MacBook pro models introduced back in February.
recent Mac and iOS blog stories
• Apple moves nearer to Thunderbolt show unlock with MacBook pro and Mac Mini Firmware Updates
• Tonara for iPad Listens and Turns Musical score Pages automatically
• UK promoting Board ideas for Apple in Dispute over Thinnest Smartphone
• Apple Reportedly prepared to start iPad production in Brazil
• Microsoft Releases place of business for Mac security and performance Updates
extra: endured here