Apple may be taking a look at an acquisition of bookseller Barnes & Noble, consistent with an “unproven supply” at BGR:
We got a tip from an unproven source claiming to have information of discussions inside Apple to possibly buy Barnes & Noble…
This unproven supply also said that iTunes eleven would be released in September along with iOS 5 and iCloud, and can support reading iBooks on computer systems in addition to textbook purchases and rentals.
it is unclear what Apple would gain from any such purchase. B&N has greater than seven-hundred retailers plus any other 600 college bookstores, as well as decent digital penetration with its own eBookstore and Nook e-reader.
Barnes & Noble is at the moment buying and selling with a market cap simply above $1b, which might be an awfully small dent in Apple’s $seventy six billion cash pile, although the associated fee would clearly be higher as a takeover top rate.
We’re somewhat skeptical about the whole thing and mention it essentially to inspire conversation. If Apple really needed to purchase a bookseller, it may have offered Borders at fire sale prices. Wall boulevard seems unimpressed via the rumor: Barnes & Noble’s stock worth is flat on the day.
(image by way of Flickr/cjc4454)
up to date Mac and iOS blog tales
• Calorific Lite Makes Calorie monitoring more effective
• MSFT: Lion features Coming to administrative center "In Months, no longer Days"
• Make Your iPhone Like Your outdated phone With Snake 'ninety seven
• BBC iPlayer for iPad Going global: Western Europe these days, U.S. and Others Later This 12 months
• Most iPhone boom From out of the country, Verizon a "Small Bang"
more: persevered right here