in keeping with Digitimes, Apple is continuous to diversify its suppliers and moving far from its dependance on Samsung:
Apple has increased its purchases of DRAM and NAND flash from Japan, in keeping with business sources, adding that Toshiba and Elpida reminiscence are being pinpointed as beneficiaries of the increased procurement.
Apple and Samsung have been in increasingly escalating legal battles over patent claims concerning Apple’s iOS gadgets and Samsung’s Galaxy line These complaints are stated to be the reason for Apple’s moving of suppliers. Apple had in the past been mentioned to have moved from Samsung to TSMC for manufacturing of the A6 processor in 2012. in the meantime, Samsung has even threatened to sue Apple over the iPhone 5 as soon as it’s released.
Apple had quick become Samsung’s biggest customer with contracts for over $7.eight billion in parts in 2011. Apple seems to be doing its easiest to shift these contracts to Samsung’s competitors over the next year.
update: Reuters reports that Samsung has announced a $10 billion funding in a brand new flash memory manufacturing line, hoping to extend its share of the market and decrease its own prices. Samsung will take approximately nine months to get the new line totally up and running.
latest Mac and iOS weblog stories
• Newsstand Publications Can update (robotically) handiest as soon as Per Day [Updated]
• FaceTime Calls Are physician-affected person pleasant
• Instagram Releases model 2.0 With greater quality and New Filters
• LaCie Thunderbolt-Enabled Little big Disk available from Apple [Updated x3]
• Mophie Releases New external Batteries for iOS devices
more: persevered here