Apple Sending iOS 5 to iPhone Assemblers at end of September, No signal of Redesigned iPhone 5

In a brand new research be aware equipped to MacRumors, analyst Ming-Chi Kuo studies that Apple is scheduled to ship the golden master model of iOS 5 to its iPhone and iPod contact assembling partners throughout the timeframe of September twenty third via thirtieth, suggesting a launch for the brand new hardware round mid-October once the assemblers have had time to put in the tool on already-produced hardware and ship it out. The claims are consistent with different studies suggesting that Apple will debut the following iPhone across the middle of next month.


again panel from prototype N94 iPhone
in all probability extra curiously, Kuo particularly tells us that he has considered no evidence of the rumored redesigned “iPhone 5” within the supply chain. instead, his sources level to the “N94” iPhone that has been popularly known as the “iPhone 4S” as the only real new iPhone edition set to ship, with Apple planning for 30 million gadgets throughout the end of the 12 months. Apple can also be planning production of a further 5 million gadgets of the present iPhone 4 and iPhone 3GS models because it transitions to the new version.

while many had been keeping out for a significantly redesigned iPhone 5 providing a thinner, tapered profile as proven in 0.33-party instances supposedly in line with leaked design paperwork, basically no proof for this kind of edition has surfaced in the type of parts leaks or other important points. whereas some have recommended that the N94 is a decoy/scrapped/backup version and that Apple is preserving the redesigned edition under tighter wraps, Kuo shouldn’t be seeing indicators of any such adaptation anyplace in Apple’s supply chain.

As for the N94 iPhone, Kuo additionally shares just a few details on the device:

512 MB of RAM: that is to be anticipated, as the following iPhone will have to be the use of the identical A5 chip found within the iPad 2, which does in truth supply 512 MB of RAM.
camera module peak “nearly similar” as in iPhone 4: digicam thickness is the foremost limiting issue for total device thickness, meaning that the following iPhone is not more likely to be considerably thinner than the iPhone four. Sony is claimed to have started delivery camera sensors to Apple’s manufacturers back in July, with OmniVision coming on-line to assist in September or October.
3.5-inch show: plenty of rumors have claimed that Apple might be using a bigger show for the brand new iPhone, but Kuo’s sources point out the reveal would be the similar dimension as that found in the iPhone 4.
Glass back and front: even supposing now not 100% confident on this item, Kuo’s sources counsel that Apple will continue to make the most of the identical normal design of the iPhone four, with glass on each the front and back of the tool.
Manufacturing shares: Foxconn is scheduled to handle 85% of the manufacturing load for the brand new iPhone, with Pegatron taking the remainder 15%. As prior to now stated, Pegatron will be a little slower to ramp up production, and can essentially be imparting Apple’s Asia-Pacific markets.

As for the subsequent-era iPod touch, Kuo sees only a few enhancements over the current fourth-generation models. essentially the most visible exchange will be the addition of white fashions, with Apple said to be concentrated on manufacturing at a 60-forty split between black and white for each the iPhone and iPod contact. The iPod touch is claimed to be set to see a massive remodel for the 2012 liberate.

recent Mac and iOS blog stories
sprint Blacking Out employee holidays for First 1/2 of October?
Lowe's to install forty two,000 iPhone 4 units to shops
Dropbox may have Declined $800 Million Acquisition offer from Apple
LG Resolves quality issues with iPad 2 show production
Conan Pokes fun at misplaced iPhone 5


more: persisted right here

Leave a Reply