Fortune reports on a new be aware from Piper Jaffray analyst Gene Munster, who for some time has been conserving tabs on the efficiency of Apple’s App store the usage of calculations of download rates and different metrics against selection of devices offered. in keeping with Munster, iOS instrument owners are growing their usage of the App retailer in 2011, downloading extra apps as the average sales price for paid apps has rebounded after losing closing yr.
– extra apps: the average iOS software proprietor will obtain 83 apps in 2011 vs. 51 in 2010, a sixty one% raise yr over yr. “Smartphone users are displaying an growing urge for food to make use of apps to add features to their telephones,” Munster writes, “and iOS has the best app ecosystem.”
– costlier apps: The ASP (reasonable selling price) per app is rebounding. ASPs are up 14% y/y in 20111 vs. an 18% decline in 2010. “After the initial race to the underside in App store pricing,” says Munster, “we’re seeing customers pay up to add features and video games to their iOS units.”
Munster experiences that 82% of App store process is from free apps, whereas the 18% of downloads which can be paid apps raise a standard selling value of $1.forty four. Munster notes that the contemporary increase in average selling value seems to be driven by way of the iPad, which in general sees better average app costs than the iPhone and iPod contact.
Apple final week announced that the App store had reached 15 billion downloads on the grounds that its inception three years in the past. still, App retailer revenue represents handiest about 1% of Apple’s overall earnings and is considered essentially as a driver of Apple’s hardware sales.
latest Mac and iOS blog tales
• doubtful claim of 3G in next-generation iPod touch
• Analytics firm Questionably Pegs Verizon's U.S. iPhone 4 Share at 32%
• iPad utilization Patterns differ From other platforms
• With unlimited information long past, Verizon Touts data Monitoring
• Two Turntables And An iPhone: iDJ are living
more: continued right here