Jailbreak iOS 4 iPhone 3GS with PwnageTool 4.0 for Mac OSX – you can jailbreak and unlock iPhone 3GS and iPod Touch 2G, on iOS 4. Build a custom firmware with Pwnage Tool 4.0, then restore with iTunes.
Warning – use at your own risk:
- I am on iPhone 3GS 3.0/3.0.1 Redsn0wed : You are in
- I am on iPhone 3GS 3.0/3.0.1/3.1/3.1.2/ iOS 4 GM Pwned : You are in
- I am on iPhone 3GS 3.1.3 Spirit : Stay Away and Wait
iPhone iOS 4 Final Firmware:
- iPhone 3Gs IPSW Link: Download Here
iTunes 9.2 Download Here
- First download iOS 4 for iPhone 3GS (from link above)
- Launch PwnageTool 4.0, switch to Expert mode and select iPhone on the left.
- Now browse the iOS 4 firmware file that you downloaded from step 1. (iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293_Restore.ipsw)
- Click ‘Build’ and PwnageTool 4.0 will start cooking a custom firmware.
- Once done! The iPhone2,1_4.0_8A293__Custom_Restore.ipsw will be placed on desktop.
- Put the iPhone in DFU mode, connect with iTunes and restore the custom firmware file.
Detailed procedure how to Jailbreak iPhone 3GS: