Charity auction site CharityBuzz is hosting a second listing to meet with Apple CEO Tim Cook at Apple’s headquarters in Cupertino, California, this time offering a lunch meeting.
The auction is the second Cook has volunteered his time for, with last year’s coffee auction raising $610,000 for the RFK Center for Justice & Human Rights. The 2014 auction benefits the same cause, which aims to achieve a “just and peaceful world by partnering with human rights leaders, teaching social justice and advancing corporate responsibility.”
Two people can meet with Cook for lunch, for approximately one hour. The cost of the meal is included, and the auction winner must agree to travel to Cupertino for the meeting, which will be scheduled on a “mutually agreed upon date.”
The current high bid on the auction, which has an estimated value of $100,000, is at $10,000 with 19 days left to go. The auction will end on Tuesday, May 13. Due to shill bids last year, all bidders are required to submit credit card authorization to bid.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Facebook Expands Mobile App Portfolio with 'Moves' Fitness App Acquisition
• 'Beats Music' Tops App Store Music Chart as In-App Subscriptions Spark Interest
• 'Opera Coast' WebKit-Based Browser Now Available for iPhone
• Prong Debuts iPhone 'PWR Case' With Built-In Plug and Backup Battery
• Apple: iPad Sales at High End of 'Internal Expectations', 2/3 of Users New to Device
• iTunes by the Numbers: 800M Accounts, $5.2B in Billings, 70B App Downloads
• Tim Cook: Apple's Shares 'Undervalued', Expansion of Share Buyback Program 'Shows Confidence'
• Catcher to Supply Apple With iPhone 6 Casings as Sales Estimates Climb to 70 Million