Google today updated its Google Maps app for iOS to version 4.11.0, adding support for the Apple Watch. As of today, there’s a Google Maps app that delivers directions on Apple’s wrist-worn device.
Along with a new Apple Watch app, today’s update also includes a tool for comparing estimated travel times across driving, transit, walking and biking directions, and it adds a feature for calling businesses and getting directions from a list of places. As with most updates, there are also unspecified bug fixes.
– Easily compare ETAs across driving, transit, walking & biking
– Call business & get directions directly from a list of places
– Get directions to places now on your Apple Watch
– Bug fixes
This isn’t Google’s first app for the Apple Watch, but it will arguably be the most useful as there are many iOS users who still prefer to use Google Maps over Apple Maps.
Recent Mac and iOS Blog Stories
• Twitter to Expand 140-Character Limit With New Product
• Apple Updates Privacy Site to Explain How It Handles Personal Information
• Apple Watch 2 May Arrive in Mid- to Late-2016
• Apple Adds New Flyover Locations in France, Italy, Spain, Germany, Japan and Mexico
• Apple to Announce Q4 2015 Earnings on October 27
• Apple Releases Xcode Update With Fixes for App Thinning Bugs
• Tim Cook Discussed Expansion & Apple Pay With India Prime Minister Narendra Modi
• Aaron Sorkin Apologizes for Blasting Tim Cook's 'Opportunistic' Comment