while Apple has got substantial publicity for its push to open dozens of recent retail retailers over the last three months, the corporate has additionally been renovating a number of its retailers to carry them up to the most recent designs. a lot of these simple renovations outcome in the stores being closed for approximately every week, right through which time they’re boarded up with Apple’s usual black development barriers and posted with notices directing buyers to either the closest alternative retailer region or to Apple’s website online for knowledge on locations.
among the locations presently beneath renovation in the lead-up to the iPhone launch:
Chestnut street retail store in San Francisco
– Chestnut side road (San Francisco, California): Closed September twenty sixth thru October 4th. 9to5Mac posted a photograph yesterday exhibiting the closed area with an AT&T employee and his van immediately in entrance of the shop.
New structure of university Village retail store in Seattle
– university Village (Seattle, Washington): Closed September twenty sixth through October 6th. GeekWire posted the main points on the renovation, which embody new show counters, Genius Bar, and different fixtures. Planning documents convey Apple moving from a format three product display tables broad to 1 the usage of four narrower tables throughout the width of the store. The document additionally notes that Microsoft will probably be opening its own retail retailer immediately across a small parking lot from Apple’s retailer on October 20th, giving Apple further incentive to spruce up the site.
Walnut Creek retail store (Thanks, John)
– Walnut Creek (Walnut Creek, California): Closed September twenty sixth via October third. the location opened in 2003, however was remodeled again in August 2009.
update: Apple’s Legacy location retailer in Dedham, Massachusetts can also be closed September twenty sixth through 30th.
Some readers have cited that all the closures are for retailers open to the street and not in enclosed department stores and procuring facilities. consequently, the closures is also related to the installation of new security grating to help deter smash-and-grasp robberies which have transform increasingly more well-liked at Apple’s street-facing shops. except for the university Village store in Seattle, it’s unclear if there are further renovations being carried out at the stores.
contemporary Mac and iOS weblog stories
• Apple's q4 2011 financial results on October 18th, 2011
• web page 2: fb Integration into iOS 5?
• SFPD inner Investigation Over lost iPhone 5 Continues
• Apple engaged on Curved-Glass iOS devices for First 1/2 of next 12 months?
• Rover 'undercover agent Tank' Wirelessly controlled via Your iPhone or iPad
more: endured here